PlatinumGames isn’t over Bayonetta 3 yet! His second major patch update for the game was released today.
This latest patch (version 1.2.0) includes combat tweaks, stage condition tweaks, some game mode changes, and various other changes and bug fixes. Here’s the full rundown, courtesy of Nintendo’s official support page:
Version 1.2.0 (Released January 10, 2023)
The conditions for the following Niflheim stages have been changed to reduce difficulty.
|Niflheim stage||Changed terms|
|Chapter 2 Section 5 (Casual to Expert)||Time limit 120 seconds → Time limit 150 seconds|
|Chapter 3 Section 4 (Casual to Expert)||2 lives increased to 3 lives|
|Chapter 5 Section 2 (Casual to Expert)||Time limit 150 seconds → Time limit 180 seconds|
|Chapter 6, Section 8 (Casual to Expert)||2 lives increased to 3 lives|
|Chapter 9 Section 8 (Casual to Expert)||Time limit 60 seconds → Time limit 80 seconds|
|Chapter 10 Section 1 (Casual to Expert)||Time limit 140 seconds → Time limit 160 seconds|
|Chapter 12 Section 5 (Casual to Expert)||1 life increased to 2 lives|
- The conditions for obtaining the “three-color key” required to open the “Old Picture Book” have been relaxed.
- When you gain access to the “Gates of Hell”, a “Three Color Key” will automatically appear on the Chapter Select screen.
- Even if the player has access to the Gates of Hell or has already obtained one or two keys, the remaining keys will automatically be obtained when going to the chapter select screen after applying the update. increase.
- Adjustments have been made to golem treasure chests that appear on stages.
- Increased time limit and reduced difficulty.
- You can now fast-forward the golem chest disassembly animation with the B button.
- Adjustments have been made to reduce situations where camera visibility is poor.
- Game balance adjustment.
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 7, Section 5 where performing certain actions while controlling Cheshire would block progress.
- Fixed a bug that the effect was not applied to some attacks of the accessory “Durga’s Anthem”
- Fixed a bug where Aluna’s skill “Bondage Whip (PorK * long press)” would cause the enemy to die instantly under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused a large forward movement under certain conditions when using a weapon that used “Crow Within (J * long press)” in “Scarborough Fair” and “Love is Blue”
- Fixed a bug where Bayonetta’s weapons “Scarborough Fair” and “Love is Blue” would not play animations correctly when switching weapons immediately after using “Crow Within (Hold J*)”.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Wink Slave” to be activated with abnormally high attack power with “Black Pearl Rain (Rotating L stick + S *)” of Daemon “Kraken”
- Fixed a bug where “Devil Rodin” would get stuck for a certain period of time if “Afterburner Kick (Aerial ↑K*)” was used consecutively immediately after getting up with “Afterburner Kick (JK*)”.
- Fixed an issue where Viola’s Assault Slave could summon Hell Demons in the “Hell Demon Prohibited Area”.
- Fixed an error in the hand symbol seen in Cutie J’s transformation sequence in the side chapter.
- Fixed other issues to make the game more enjoyable to play.
*P means punch, K means kick, S means shoot, and J means jump.
If you haven’t tried Bayonetta 3 on Switch yet, be sure to check out our full Nintendo Life review.